Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 weeks

We've been in the apartment three weeks today! I think we're adjusting well. We're really enjoying the area and the great weather.

We've found a church we like (Oasis Church in Pembroke Pines). I'm in the process of finding information on small groups. Ivy has liked the nursery so far. Jamey not so much. He cries when we leave and when we pick him up. They swear he's an angel in between.

I joined the Hollywood API group, but it's not very active. There are no play groups or mom's night out activities. They're really not even that active in the online forum. I'm hoping to meet up with one of those moms at the park nearby. She lives just around the corner from us.

I also joined the Hollywood Moms Meetup group. They have about 35 activities a month. Our first play group is on Friday at some park. I'm really hoping this group has lots of friends for us.

We are going to a South Broward LLL meeting this morning. At least I'll meet some other crazies that are planning to nurse until college. :)

I haven't had any luck in finding a preschool, and I'm starting to lose interest. If we're only going to be here a couple years, I don't want to muck up our fun with school.

We're totally unpacked! Everything is put away. I have a few more pictures I can hang up, but I'm not sure where to put them.

I picked up some Stonyfield Oikos Greek yogurt the other day. It's my new favorite food.

No comments:

Post a Comment