Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ouch

After several years of trying to get rid of that growdee (how in the world do you really spell that?) nail fungus, I had my right-footed big toe nail removed today. And no matter what the dr. says, it hurts like a mother. I'm in the process of soaking it so I can get the blood-caked bandage off it. The only good news is that it only takes a month to heal completely, and I will be able to walk around barefoot again without being self conscious.

Here's how it went: the dr. sprayed my toe with "instant freeze" spray and then shot me up with Novocaine. A few minutes later he returned and used a mini crow bar to pry my nail off. Then he treated the nail bed with some chemical to kill it so my nail will never grow back. The whole thing took about 15 minutes. I am eternally grateful I had Ivy along to distract me. I almost fainted twice.

Tonight, I made Jeremy take off the bandage. Again, almost passed out. I will not post or even take a picture. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I might puke putting a new band-aid on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment