Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pre-op Physical & phone call

I had my pre-op physical last Friday. It was basic. I've never had surgery before, so I didn't know what to expect.

Height. Weight. Blood Pressure. Medication review. Pulse. Temp.

We talked about birth control methods. I'm still nursing Livy 1-2 times a day, so I'm still on the "mini pill" which is either no estrogen or no progesterone. Whichever. It's not full strength. So the doctor said, "oh, you're not trying very hard to avoid another baby" and laughed.

On Tuesday, I had pre-op phone call with a Tria nurse. There is a lot of concern of me being pregnant because of the sedative during surgery and narcotics after. So she said they'd do a pregnancy test before surgery.

The conversation was super short, but informative. She calmed me down a little bit, because I'd been freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment