Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Finding Friends

I need help. We've been in Florida for 8 months and still haven't found any friends (aside from Jeremy's sister & her family).



  1. The Hollywood Mom's Meetup group was a bust. We went to several play dates. The moms yelled at Ivy & Jamey and I just didn't feel like I was welcome.

  2. The local MOPS group has never responded to my phone calls or emails.

  3. The local API group doesn't do anything. No play dates, no lunches, nothing. In fact, there's only about five active members, and only one of those stays home with her kids.

  4. We've visited several churches and settled on one (Oasis Church in Pembroke Pines). However, they don't have a MOPS group. The lady I emailed with about mid-week Women's Bible study was rude and unhelpful. I feel like I'm having to drag information out of anyone about small groups. (Maybe this isn't the church for us--but I don't know where else to go.)

  5. So far, we haven't put Ivy in preschool, but it may be an option to at least meet some other moms with preschoolers.

  6. I haven't been able to identify any stay-at-home moms in our apt building. There is one down the hall, but ....



Where else can I find friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment