Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Doing School

Many months ago, Ivy was so sad that she couldn't read by herself. That night during bedtime, I sat in the rocker and ordered the preschool Sing Spell Read & Write program for her.

It's taken since February to get through 11 color-recognition pages. She knows her colors and I think gets bored coloring. We have 4 shape-recognition pages to do (which she will like, because she LOVES the annoying song that goes along with the shapes). Then we're on to Opposites, Seasons, and Rhyming concepts.

After those concepts, we get into the letter sounds. That's what she's excited for.

But doing this has magnified the realization that home schooling is not for me. I have no interest whatsoever in "doing school" with her. And I don't care if she colors the pages "correctly."

No comments:

Post a Comment