Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Review: Booky Wook and Booky Wook 2

My Booky Wook: A Memoir of Sex, Drugs, and Stand-Up
by Russell Brand
350 pages

Booky Wook 2: This Time it's Personal
by Russell Brand
309 pages

I love Russell Brand. I think he's hilarious.

We saw a stand-up show of his on Comedy Central once and laughed until the tears flowed. He's great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Arthur. We've seen his new show Brand X a couple times, and it's funny. He is my favorite late-night show guest.

I'd probably go see any movie he was in and will definitely get tickets if he ever comes to Minneapolis.

However, his books are not funny. They are actually kind of depressing. His life is hard to imagine, and he doesn't really try to cover any of it with humor.

I expected to laugh until my sides hurt. It's just not like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment