Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

AP #1 - Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth & Parenting

Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth & Parenting

It's easy, I think, to prepare for pregnancy & birth. That part is so exciting! It's like planning a wedding. It's easy and fun to plan a wedding; planning a marriage takes much more time, thought, and continual change.

My main suggestions here are to take a birth class, read Henci Goer's book "A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth," and hire a doula. I wrote this post more information about birth resources.

Parenting is much harder than pregnancy and birth. I've enjoyed the Dr. Sears books, and a few others: Playful Parenting; Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves; and Siblings without Rivalry. I have a long long list of parenting books I want to read and incorporate into our parenting. 

I want to be a better parent. I want to be more patient. I want to teach more. I want to respect my kids more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment