Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Making chicken soup

I was going to make chicken noodle soup, but it turns out we didn't have any noodles. Well, we have spaghetti, but I think spaghetti in soup is gross.

I didn't use a recipe at all. I thought, "how hard can chicken soup be?"

"Recipe"

  • leftover chicken breast. We originally had 3 chicken breasts. I used whatever was leftover--probably 2 chicken breasts. The kids are on a hunger strike. I diced it. 
  • 3 carrots cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
  • 3 stalks of celery cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
  • a white onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 box of veggie broth
  • pepper
  • a tiny amount of salt
  • curry--the rest of what was in the jar--about a tablespoon
  • parsley--a palm full--does parsley have any flavor? I put it in for some color
  • lima beans--whatever was left in the fridge 
  • rice--leftover from chili yesterday
  • water to fill the crockpot
Put it all in the crockpot on low for the day. 


Here's a quick photo before we eat. Here's hoping it's good. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment