Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

October Book Club

I've been looking for a book club or thinking of starting a book club for a while. Thank heavens for church! Wooddale has everything you could ever want. Even a book club ... or two.

I'm going to check out the Women's Evening Book Club in Oct, so I picked up the two books a couple weeks ago. Most months there is just one book, but Oct has two.

The Tale of Halcyon Crane and The Maid of Faribourne Hall.

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall was okay. A pretty easy read. Not that spectacular. Very predictable.

The Tale of Halcyon Crane: EXCELLENT. I really liked it. It's kind of a ghost story, so it's a little spooky. I couldn't put it down. I even read during Conan.

----------
So, I went to the book club tonight. There were 14 other women there. It was fun; I'll go back because I think it's good for me to be out, and I enjoy reading. It's a good way to hear about different books.

No comments:

Post a Comment