Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Scandinavian Almond Cake

When we were at my parents' house for Christmas, my mom had made this delicious Almond Cake. I mean, it was so yummy. Light and creamy, with no frosting. It was more like a sweet loaf than cake (like the lemon loaf at Starbucks or pumpkin bread at Caribou).

I got the recipe, special pan, and almond extract for Christmas!

Scandinavian Almond Cake
Spray the pan with cooking spray.

Beat well: 1-1/4 C sugar, 1 egg, 1-1/2 tsp pure almond extract, 2/3 C milk
Add: 1-1/4 C flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder
Add: 1 stick melted butter
Mix well.

Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown. Cool in the pan before removing. The cake will break if removed too soon. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Variation: Before pouring batter in the pan, sprinkle sliced almonds in the bottom.

This is such an easy recipe, and it's so good. And I feel classy serving it. It seems like a nice light dessert. Especially if I had some berries to go with it.

Also, I really think I can swap out the almond extract for any other flavor. Like Orange Extract and add a little orange zest. Or lemon. That would be really good. Probably any kind of extract and an associated "zest."

No comments:

Post a Comment