Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Special K bars

Making Special K Bar ahead of time is a bad idea. I'm going to have to hide them from myself. These ones are for Sam's graduation reception on Saturday.

I got this recipe from Kathryn Peterson, and I think it's the best one I've ever had.

2 cups corn syrup
2 cups sugar
2 cups creamy peanut butter
Special K cereal
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 bag chocolate chips

  1. Mix and heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling.
  2. Take off heat and add peanut butter until it's smooth.
  3. Add Special K cereal to right consistency (about 3/4 of a regular sized box or 1/2 of a giant box).
  4. Put in pan.
  5. Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips together. 
  6. Pour on bars and smooth.


Easy peasy recipe. Ivy did a lot of it herself.

This is my favorite measuring device. It's from pampered chef. 
Perfect for sticky things like corn syrup and peanut butter.


She was using peanut butter as a dip for Special K flakes.

Mom, this looks yummy!

I hope they last until Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment